Friday, April 16, 2010

Grinder Analyzer V2.b12 is released

There's some pretty good stuff in this one. From the release notes: Overview: http://track.sourceforge.net/analyzer.html New in V2.b12:
  • Grinder Analyzer is now compatible with log files generated by The Grinder 3.4
  • Much better support for scripts generated with the TCP proxy.
  • New response time graphs are included in the generated reports. These are stacked graphs showing the percentage of response time spent in different areas -- resolve host time, first byte time, etc.
  • It is now an option to define response time groups in analyzer.properties. Grinder analyzer will calculate the percentage of responses that complete within specified time ranges.
  • Fix for bug #2219789 -- In cases where multiple transactions have been assigned identical names in the grinder script, append the test number to the transaction name to ensure uniqueness and prevent graphs from overwriting each other. Thanks to Thomas Falkenberg for nudging me on this.
Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/track/files/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse me commenting on very old posts... I really appreciate your grinder analyzer. Does the AbstractGrapher automatically scale the y-axis based on data points? The reason being is I want to compile multiple charts generated with your analyzer and I want them to all have the same TPS range. Some will go up to 400 TPS and some might go to 550 TPS and I want the charts to be on the same scale to make reading the data easier on the eyes.

Travis Bear said...

Thanks Jared.

The graphs are all auto-scaled on the Y axis based on the data. The scaling isn't done directly by Grinder Analyzer -- that part is handled by the JFreeChart libs which Grinder Analyzer uses.

Since we're just going with the default JFreeChart behavior, Grinder Analyzer does not support predefined axis ranges today. My time is a little short these days, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to add that feature. If you want to see it, please either send me a patch or enter a feature request on the SourceForge site.

Cheers,

-Travis

Unknown said...

I'd love to submit a patch but I looked through JFreeChart's ChartFactory class and didn't see that any of the create methods have a way to set a static scale for the y-axis.

Nhat Nam said...

Thanks Jared.
it's helpful for me